Welcome to Week 1 of the #JDVHealthyMe Challenge.
This week we want to get you moving, encourage you to be more active and fire up those muscles and heart rate. All week we want to you to either add to your current exercise regime, switch it up a little or start from fresh in the following ways:
* Get active EVERYDAY – get to the gym, do one of our at-home workouts, join a new class that you’ve always wanted to try (try our Circuit Sweat, Quick FHiit or Boxercise), take a walk, go for a run or bike ride, do a tabata session – whatever it is you choose just ensure you get your heart rate going and your muscles moving. This should not only help to burn calories, but it will also help boost your metabolism, increase your energy levels, help you sleep better and improve your overall mood and sense of wellness.
* We will post 3 JDV workouts this week – 1 Tabata and 2 Body-weight workouts that are simple to do at home. Give them a try and let us know how you get on.
* Try a new exercise class – whether it’s Tabata or Insanity, yoga, Pilates, dance – whatever takes your fancy, try something new to switch up your routine a little.
* Take at least three 20-30 minute walks this week, whether it’s walking the kiddies to school, walking to work or the station, in your lunch break, just whenever is convenient – we can all find 20 minutes to do something good for our body!
* Do the JDV Stretch session that we will be posting later this week – it’s all too easy to forget to stretch at the end of a workout, so we’ll be showing you the best moves to get your body feeling released and relaxed.
Ok, finally, we need to see the evidence. This is how we are going to find the winner of our giveaway! Take some selfies and post them on our Facebook page (www.facebook.com/joiedevivre.fitness) or simply post a comment, Tweet us (@jdvfitness), or tag us in your Instagram (@JoiedeVivreFitness) to let us know everything that you have been up to to get your body moving this week, and of course, remember to #JDVHealthyMe and keep sharing our challenges to get friends and family involved – the more the merrier!
Jodie & Viv